2012/2013 Cervelo P2 frames original old stock clearance
16 Jun 2018
Not only the single most popular bike at the 2010 Kona Ironman, but a two time winner, the P2 is performance tailored for the athlete with a higher handlebar height. The best value in the model line. Engineered with Cervelo's TrueAero shapes matched to drag- reducing cutout for the rear wheel, this is no-nonsense TT bicycle designed for high performance on the longest days.
Cervelo’s tried and true geometry, putting the rider in a fast and comfortable position.
Aerodynamic design to reduce drag resistance and increase speed.
Handling and stiffness characteristics straight from the road models
P2 Aero Seatstays
- Special TrueAero Shape
Profile designed in the direction of airflow (horizontally)
Different shape on the inside than on the outside (to deal with the spinning wheel)
- S-Bend for some additional vertical compliance (keeping in mind that the frame plays a minor role in vertical compliance anyway)
- Long-tail airfoils with a 3:1 ratio or better create the lowest drag
- Truncation can be useful, for example if flow interacts with another object.
Smartwalll for Carbon
- Carbon strength & stiffness depend on the size, shape, material & fiber direction of each of the 300+ pieces of carbon in a frame
- Cervelo's Smartwall lay-ups are based on 15 years experience and the most advanced tools, including in-house developed optimization software
- Smartwall also puts extra carbon on the sides (far from the center plane) to increase stiffness at little extra weight.
- The narrow section between the bearings reduces the frontal area and thereby the aero drag (which is linearly related to the frontal area)
- Narrowing this area also improves the headtube's aspect ratio (same gusset length divided by a smaller width renders a higher ratio) to get closer to a 3:1 airfoil.
Internal Cable Stops ICS
- With ICS, Cervelo was the first company to provide a light, smooth-shifting internal cable system for better aerodynamics.
- As the cable runs from outside the frame to inside, the housing is stopped so only bare cable goes inside.
- This gives crisper shifting and saves 200 grams versus the usual solution (running housing inside the frame).
P2 Rear Wheel Cutout
- Cervelo was the first to offer a rear wheel cutout in a production frame.
- Shielding the rear wheel from the airflow decreasses drag more than any other innovation.
- The P2 cutout width matches the rear tire along its entire height, rather than tapering down.
- This creates an aptimal transition of the airflow onto the rear wheel
Integrated Seatpost Clamp
- The integrated clamp is invisible to the airflow
- The seatpost is aerodynamically integrated, but structurally separate.
- This offers:
Maximum seat height adjustability
Easier travel and resizing / resale
Lower weight compared to integrated seatmasts.
Oversized Bottom Bracket Area
- Big volume and fluent form aligns the carbon fibers with the complex loads in this area
- This increases:
Side-to-Side BB stiffness (better power transmission)
Torsional stiffness (better handling)
size: 54 only( see geometry )
selling fast and cheap!!!
3 units left